Often you don’t find out there is a problem with your sewer line until you need a sewer repair! Most homeowners aren’t prepared for sewer problems or sewer repairs, and will have many questions:
- How do I know if I really need the repair?
- Who should I call to evaluate my line?
- How do I find a good contractor?
It happens. Older homes that have not had a sewer replacement will usually have old clay sewer lines. Over time the clay lines will break or get small cracks. Once there is a crack, tree roots will find their way into the sewer line as a water source. As the tree roots grow, cracks become larger and lines will usually clog. If your sewer line is clogged, typically a call is made to rooter the line and clear it. Be sure to call a reputable company to clean or scope your line.
If your sewer line is clogged:
- Call a reputable plumbing or rooter company. Check references.
- Ask what they charge and what you will get for that cost.
- Will they only clean the line or will they also scope it?
- If they find a problem will they provide a sewer scope DVD and mark where the problem is?
If a sewer repair is recommended, call Colorado Pipe & Plumbing to get a repair quote.
Colorado Pipe & Plumbing will review your DVD and provide a second opinion on what repairs we would recommend. We are the contractor that does the excavation and repair, so come straight to the source and get a quote from us.
As a rule of thumb, if you have an older clay line with more than one problem requiring a repair, it is usually more cost effective to replace the whole line. We will go over all of your options with you.
Call us today to recommend a sewer scope company, to give you a free estimate on a sewer repair or to give you a second opinion on if your sewer line needs a repair, replacement or maintenance.
Colorado Pipe & Plumbing also does trenchless pipe repair.